DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tube Box Art, Part 11: DuMont

Hi!

As far as I'm aware DuMont relabelled tubes from other manufacturers, most probably mainly Sylvania.  Their boxes have a simple yet very interesting and unique style.




I actually only came across two different box styles from DuMont. I believe the one in the next photo is older:


 
 
These boxes contain Octal TV dampe tubes. Other sides of the same boxes:
 



The top flaps showing their contents: 6aX4 and 6AU4 tubes:




The bottom flaps:




More interesting are their later boxes in a gold color:






 
 
These boxes contain an octal and a 9-pin miniature tube.
 



As with mot boxes the tube types are indicated on the top flaps. here we have a 6AX4 and a 6AM4:




I hope you enjoyed the presentation of the DuMont Tube Box Art. Say tuned for more articles about tube box design.




Best regards

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment